SOUNDLOOM ON WINDOWS 7
Early user reports suggest that the Sound Loom is working fine under Windows 7.
As an alternative to the Windows media player, a suggestion is to
configure the Loom to work with VLC Player.
Please let us know if you encounter any other problems.
SOUNDLOOM ON SNOW LEOPARD
The uncompiled version of Sound Loom for the MAC will not currently run on Snow Leopard.
If you are running Snow Leopard, choose the fully compiled version instead.
It is also possible to run the Loom on a PC emulator on the MAC,
but you may encounter some initial problems with sound playback from the emulator environment.
SOUNDLOOM ON VISTA
Some users have reported problems playing sound from the Loom in VISTA.
To overcome such problems ....
- (Re)Setup the Play program on your system, either
You must set (and confirm) both the play command and the directory in which the command can be found.
- If installing a new system, when you are prompted to do so.
- If already installed, from the Workspace menu
System State->SYSTEM SETTINGS->SET COMMAND TO PLAY sndfiles.
- Set the play command to "pvplay -i" (the "-i" is essential).
- The program pvplay should be in the subdirectory "_cdprogs" of your CDP base directory
e.g. if your CDP base directory is at "c:/cdp",
the correct directory will be "c:/cdp/_cdprogs"
- When you use this command to play soundfiles, (just as when playing analysis files)
a small STOP PLAY window should appear, so you can Stop the sound.
If this window does not appear, get process.exe from the Loom release, and put it in the same directory as pvplay.